Each client has a unique set of circumstances and lived experience that has brought them to therapy.
My work is focused on helping individuals integrate mind, body and spirit in order to feel grounded and centered. At the forefront of how I approach therapy is an understanding of how trauma affects the mind and body. Most individuals have experienced some form of trauma in their lives, and it has left its mark. Trauma is subjective and includes any overwhelming negative experience that is unable to be processed in the moment and therefore lives on in the mind and body. Trauma can show up in various ways, including as symptoms of PTSD, overwhelming anxiety, emotional shutdown or feelings of numbness.
Working together, we will help you strengthen existing resources and learn new skills, increasing resilience and widening your window of tolerance. We can utilize EMDR to address and process the underlying trauma, helping you feel more aligned.
My areas of experience:
Trauma and PTSD/Complex PTSD
- Master of Arts in mental health counseling from Yeshiva University
- Master of Arts in clinical psychology from Adelphi University
- Master of Arts in applied psychology from Teachers College, Columbia University
- Bachelor of Science in human development and family studies from Cornell University
- New York State Mental Health Counseling License #009541
- New Jersey Licensed Professional Counselor License #37PC00887800